Like this post? Please help us share it
Canon announced its new 6D DSLR this morning, the smallest, lightest, and cheapest full-frame camera in its lineup with a price tag of $2099 USD. At 690g, it’s 20% lighter than the 5D Mark III. The Canon 6D features a 20.2 megapixel full frame sensor, an ISO range of 100-25600 (expandable to 50-102400), an 11-point AF system with a high-precision center cross-type point, 63-zone metering, 1080p HD video recording, 4.5fps continuous shooting, vibration-based dust removal, a shutter rated to 100K actuations, and a 3-inch LCD screen.
What’s unique with the Canon 6D is the built-in Wi-Fi® transmitter which allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites or upload virtually anywhere from your iOS or Android smartphone. You can use your smartphone for remote camera control and operation or even print your images on a Wi-Fi® compatible printer,
It also has a built in GPS, perfect for travel and nature photography which allows location data to be recorded while shooting.
Check out the features
- Newly designed 20.2 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, a wide range ISO setting 100-25600 (L: 50, H1: 51200, H2: 102400) for shooting from bright to dim light, and the next generation DIGIC 5+ Image Processor for enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed.
- New 11-point AF including a high-precision center cross-type AF point with EV-3 sensitivity for focusing in extreme low-light conditions and a bright, high-quality viewfinder for easy focusing.
- iFCL Metering with 63-zone dual-layer metering sensor that utilizes AF and color information for optimizing exposure and image quality.
- Continuous shooting up to 4.5 fps for capturing fast-action.
- EOS HD Video with manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p (29.97) / 25p) with 4 GB automatic file partitioning (continuous recording time: 29 minutes, 59 seconds), selectable "All i-frame" (UHS-I Card is required) or IPB compressions, embedded timecode, and manual audio level control.
- Built-in Wi-Fi® transmitter allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY#, share your images with Wi-Fi® enabled Canon cameras, or upload virtually anywhere on your iOS or Android smartphone* with the free download of the EOS Remote app**. Use your smartphone for remote camera control and operation (with the EOS Remote app), or even print your images on a Wi-Fi® compatible printer^.
- Built-in GPS## Receiver records location information (longitude, latitude, elevation and universal coordinated time (UTC)) as EXIF information for geotagging images when shooting.
- Compact and lightweight body with shutter durability tested up to 100,000 cycles, enhanced dust and weather resistance, and EOS Integrated Cleaning System for improved vibration-based dust removal.
- 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor, 160° viewing angle, 1,040,000-dot VGA, reflection resistance with multi coating and high-transparency materials for bright and clear viewing.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Multiple Exposure modes expand creative possibilities, and Scene Intelligent Auto and Special Scene Modes lets you achieve high-quality images with ease.
Here is the specs
|Camera Type||Digital SLR with Interchangeable lenses|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Pixels||Actual: 20.6 Megapixel
Effective: 20.2 Megapixel
|Max Resolution||20MP: 5472 x 3648 @ 3:2|
|Other Resolutions||11MP: 4104 x 2736 @ 3:2
8.9MP: 3648 x 2432 @ 3:2
5MP: 2736 x 1824 @ 3:2
2.5MP: 1920 x 1280 @ 3:2
0.35MP: 720 x 480 @ 3:2
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 35.8 x 23.9 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Movies: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, MOV
Audio: Linear PCM
|Memory Card Type||SD
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Single-servo AF (S), Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M)|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.71x|
|Diopter Adjustment||– 3.0 to +1.0 m|
|Display Screen||3" Rear Screen LCD (1,040,000)|
|ISO Sensitivity||100-25600 (Extended Mode: 50-102400)|
|Shutter||Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 30 – 1/4000 sec
|Metering Method||Spot metering, Center-weighted average metering, Average metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Program Shift, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Manual, Shade, Tungsten|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 180 sec|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 4.5 fps|
|Dedicated Flash System||eTTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe, PC Terminal|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|File Size||1920 x 1080p (Full HD)
1280 x 720p (HD)
640 x 480p (SD)
|Frame Rate||@ 1920 x 1080: 30 fps, 24 fps, 25 fps
@ 1280 x 720: 60 fps, 50 fps
@ 640 x 480: 30 fps, 25 fps
|Exposure Control||Manual: Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO
|ISO Sensitivity||100 – 12800, Expandable to 25600|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)|
|Continuous Shooting Time||1920 x 1080
@ 30 fps IPB: 32 min. (235 MB / min.) / ALL-I: 11 min. (685 MB / min.)
1280 x 720
@ 60 fps IPB: 37 min. (205 MB / min.) / ALL-I: 12 min. (610 MB / min.)
640 x 480
@ 30 fps ALL-I: 97 min. (78 MB / min.)
|Audio Recording||With Video, Stereo, Via Optional External Mic|
|Start-up Time||0.1 Seconds|
|Self Timer||2 sec, 10 sec|
|Connectivity||AV Output, HDMI C (Mini), USB 2.0|
|Wi-Fi Capable (With Optional Transmitter)||Yes|
|Battery||1x LP-E6 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2VDC, 1800mAh|
32 to 104 °F (0 to 40 °C)
Humidity: 0 – 85%
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.7 x 4.4 x 2.8" / 14.5 x 11.2 x 7.1 cm|
|Weight||27.16 oz / 770 g|
Where can I find the equipment seen on this site?
If you find this site useful and planning to purchase any of the equipment seen on this site, please show your support by purchasing your photo equipment at B&H Photo Video, or through any of the affiliate links seen on this site.