Like this post? Please help us share it
Fujifilm has announced the new X-T1, it sits in the category between the X-E and X-Pro series. The X-T1 features a combination of SLR-style handling, mechanical dials and weather-resistance, together with the benefits of the X-Trans II CMOS sensor and a retro classical look. Featuring the same X-Trans CMOS II sensor as the X-E2, the design of the removal of the low pass filter means images will be much sharper.
There are quite a number of astonishing features built into the X-T1 such as the real time 2.36M dot electronic viewfinder which has the highest magnification (0.77x) and a lag time only one tenth of any conventional cameras (0.005s). It serves with four display modes offering a split screen view to assist with manual focusing. The X-T1 uses the new X-Trans II sensor which has a phase detection AF built in to give a world-beating AF response of just 0.08 seconds. The X-T1 can shoot up to 8FPS.
With five mechanical dials on the top-plate, two command dials on the front and rear and six fully customizable function buttons, the X-T1 feels and functions like a proper photographic tool in the hand. The top-plate includes machined-aluminum double-deck dials for the shutter speed, exposure compensation, ISO sensitivity, metering and drive modes, and each is designed to turn with a reassuring click, while their textured surfaces gives a firm purchase when setting up a shot. With their exposure values clearly marked, settings be checked at a glance without using the rear LCD and the dials are perfectly arranged so that functions can be changed without removing your eye from the viewfinder.
Key features of the Fujifilm X-T1
Evolved electronic viewfinder
- 1.High-precision 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder
- 2.Highest viewfinder magnification for digital cameras of 0.77x*
- 3.Wide viewing angle (diagonal 38° and horizontal 31°)
- 4.Ultra fast Real Time Viewfiner with a lag-time of 0.005sec** (less than 1/10 of existing models)***
- 5.Four different display modes: Full, Normal, Dual and Vertical.
- Full mode: Displays shooting information at the top and bottom of the screen to avoid obstruction of the view.
- Dual mode: Adds a small second screen for checking focus point with Focus Peak Highlight or Digital Split Image*4.
- Normal mode: Lets you concentrate on framing the shot in Auto Focus mode while keeping you aware of how the shooting conditions are changing, making it the perfect setting for sports and action photography
- Portrait mode: When in Full or Normal modes, it rotates the shooting information interface when the camera is turned vertically.
Ultimate high-speed responses, including the world’s fastest AF
- World’s fastest AF of 0.08 seconds*5 is achieved with Fujifilm’s proprietary imaging area phase-detection. Startup time of 0.5 seconds*6, shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds and shooting interval of 0.5 seconds*7have been achieved with the image processing engine EXR Processor II — with more than twice as fast a processing speed as the previous processor.
- Phase detection AF and motion predictive AF for continuous shooting up to 8 frames per second*8.
- World’s first compatibility with Ultra High Speed UHS-II SD memory cards.
Weather resistant structure
- Dust and water-resistant body with approximately 80 points of weather sealing. Freeze resistance to -10℃.
- Vertical battery grip VG-XT1 and three new zoom lenses offer the same weather resistance to secure the entire system.
High resolution, low noise and unique color reproduction
- 16.3 megapixel APS-C size X-Trans™ CMOS II*4 sensor with original color array to control moiré and false colors without a optical low path filter.
- Resolution and low noise comparable to that of models with ‘full-frame’ sensors.
- Proprietary image design technology reproduces true-to-life colors.
- Redesigned circuit board design enables high ISO 51200 setting*10.
- Lens Modulation Optimizer technology maximizes each lens’ performance.
Flagship build quality and intuitive operation
- Die-cast magnesium body provides a sturdy and durable, while compact and lightweight design.
- Double-deck, precision-milled aluminum dials for shutter speed, ISO setting, exposure compensation, metering and drive mode, with notched settings.
- Body and grip designed for correct balance when attaching telephoto and large-diameter lenses.
- Twin command dials and six Function buttons for instant control and customization.
- Tempered glass 1.04million dot high-precision tilting LCD monitor.
Enhanced wireless functions
- Free “FUJIFILM Camera Remote” application and “Wireless Communication” function allows users to remotely shoot images from smartphones and tablets.
- Wireless functions via the “FUJIFILM Camera Remote” include Touch AF, shutter release for stills and movies, shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation, ISO sensitivity, Film Simulation modes, White Balance, macro, timer and flash.
- Instant transfer and location tagging of images via your smartphones and tablets*12.
- Wi-Fi® transfer*13 also enables backup of the data in the camera onto the computer*14 wirelessly.
Where can I find the equipment seen on this site?
If you find this site useful and planning to purchase any of the equipment seen on this site, please show your support by purchasing your photo equipment at B&H Photo Video, or through any of the affiliate links seen on this site.