Like this post? Please help us share it
The wait is over for Nikon users, for many years Canon users have the privilege of using and bragging the lighter and cheaper 70-200mm f/4. Today Nikon launches its own version of the Nikon 70-200mm f/4 VR. Just like the Canon’s, this will be a very popular lens, especially for those who don’t like the weight and price tag of the Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8.
Make sure you pre order yours early, the Nikon 70-200mm f/4 VR is available at B&H.
The AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR is the latest addition to the fixed f/4 maximum aperture lens series. It joins the ultra wide-angle AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR and normal zoom AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR in this series that forms the core of NIKKOR FX-format lenses. Despite covering the 70-mm to 200-mm range of focal lengths, this telephoto zoom lens boasts a closest focusing distance of approximately one meter, as well as consistently superior rendering with focusing from infinity to close-up, making it an excellent lens for a wide variety of scenes. Its compact size and light weight make it very portable and a practical choice for hand-held shooting wherever needed. Superior rendering performance is achieved with the adoption of a number of exclusive Nikon technologies including Nano Crystal Coat, a vibration reduction (VR) system that provides camera shake compensation equivalent to a five-step increase in shutter speed, and a Silent Wave Motor (SWM).
With the release of the new Nikon D4, Nikon D800 and D800E, and Nikon D600 FX-format digital-SLR cameras in 2012, Nikon continues to develop high-performance NIKKOR lenses that make the most of the superior resolution and image quality offered by these cameras. Nikon will continue to respond to the demands and expectations professional and advanced amateur photographers have for more advanced photographic capabilities and forms of expression by releasing highly functional high-performance lenses to expand and strengthen the NIKKOR lineup.
AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR primary features
- A 70-200mm telephoto zoom lens compatible with the FX format that offers consistently superior rendering with focusing from infinity to close-up.
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a five-step increase in shutter speed for effective hand-held shooting in a variety of situations.
- Nano Crystal Coat, which effectively prevents the internal reflections that cause ghost and flare.
- A Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing.
- Equipped with two focus modes: A/M (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual focus).
- Macro photography possible with a closest focusing distance of 1 m.
- Smaller and lighter than Nikon’s previous 70-200mm lens, yet still capable of the superior image quality, performance, and overall quality expected of a NIKKOR lens.
- Autofocus supported when a teleconverter offering 2x magnification is used with the lens on a D4, D800, D800E, or D600 offering f/8 support.
Where can I find the equipment seen on this site?
If you find this site useful and planning to purchase any of the equipment seen on this site, please show your support by purchasing your photo equipment at B&H Photo Video, or through any of the affiliate links seen on this site.